Wednesday 7 August 2013

We were discussing deadwoods in the judicial system which the Apex Court contemplates identifying.
However, the killing of five Jawans on the border, 4 of them from our State, Bihar, distracts my attention, which leaves me wondering.
Wondering what? That's important.
While the whole nation mourns, and while in anguish I am glued to the news channels on the electronic media, I am unable to get an answer from what is being deliberated upon.
Allegations and counter allegations do not get me anywhere.
What I am looking for and what I am unable to swallow is a simple hunch.
After all how well equipped are our border outposts? And what obligations these outposts perform?
Is there no means available to monitor cross border movements and to trap or destroy intrusions?
If answer to the above simple poser is in the negative, why can't the cross border invasions be like wise countered?
We have armed forces as well as para military forces, so does Pakistan has. But Pakistan is on shade richer. It has a third category of forces, called terrorists. It is not prudent to advocate for the creation of an equivalent on the Indian side, but to say that there is no other option, would be imbecile.
Now I return to the main topic.
What I am left wondering is that our news channels and all it's panels, fail to address the issue point blank.
Beating about the bush makes no sense.
Let some one tell our electronic media, rather the media as a whole, to stop beating about the bush.
That is true about every one, NDTV, Aaj Tak,Zee News, and HT, TOI, etc.etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment