Wednesday 22 April 2015

In search of a lawyer
In Search of a Yogi by Dom Denys Rutledge didn't at all sink in my concept when I had given it a fast reading in mid 70s.it so happened that I picked it up, mistaking the book for something else that I was looking for. I had heard of Paul Brunton's , 'In Search of a Secret India' and mistaking that former book for the latter one, I scraped through its pages, experiencing the bad taste in which it must have been written. Later Paul Brunton's books including the one I was looking for, did come handy , enlightening me of little known facts that India secretly still hides.
But why Dom Denys Rutledge spurred in my mind to-day, is indeed important. An idea has struck. The idea is to share my search, not that of a Yogi who are available in plenty these days. The search is about a lawyer, which I , as a small time lawyer in the district Bar of Bhagalpur, who took infrequent flights to different High Courts and the Apex Court as a lawyer, teaching law too in Bhagalpur's TNB Law College. 
Thus begins my small time replica of Dom Denys Rutledge , 'In Search of a Lawyer', making it clear that an altered genre of the species of lawyer makes makes a judge, the former being an officer of the court whose duty is to assist in the administration of justice, whereas the latter presides over the court of justice. Their respective complementary roles are obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment