Thursday 9 July 2015

Nehru Admired for a reason , never before realised.


Nehru never enamoured me, rather I always wondered academicians holding Nehru in such an awe. But why? The answer I got left me all the more wondering. But leave that aside. The context to-day is different, something diametrically opposite.
Admiration for Nehru dawned upon me, somewhat like a bolt from the blue.
I am having trouble examining , why? I am afraid, I can not speak out , why so, in a straight forward one liner.
So please bear with me.
Why is a calculator condemned to be inflexibly accurate, whereas we humans not just fail, but rather can not afford to be accurate and to the point.
Few may find a ready answer, though a laboured answer may be as good. 
The answer on ultimately gets is too simple to impress, but even in its unimpressive outfit, the answer matters. The material truth is that a calculator or a computer has no option other than to yield an accurate reply , whereas humans are condemned to gawk and gape, in confusion about picking up just one out of the several options that stare , by way of the answer elicited.
That's my ordeal today , which never visited me in like situation four decades ago.
It is about owning a car.
In sixtees and seventees, once I had thought of owning a car while funds available, in no time I was riding a self owned car, second hand of course , but without any regrets, rather in an overjoyed state.
Today that situation has vanished and it is inconceivable to decide which car to own, not because funds are any issue.
Issue really is option. In the early days, options were few, so decisions were swift and dilemma-free.
Today, options are too many, and confusions as well are as many.
Whose mischief is this? 
And who gave us that benign option-less state in which we stood content with a second hand Ambassador, Fiat or Standard, as a new one was never that cost effective compared to its second hand variant?
Nehru, of course. Who gave us staggered experience of Ambassadors, Fiats and Standards , besides an inbuilt resilience against discontentment and against mushroomed growth of workshops every nook and corner, all of which have vanished into thin air in the present altered era of dilemma and confusion, so to say, about choosing now, just one, from a wide spectrum of variants, models and brands.
It is expedient to share this belated admiration that has suddenly dawn upon for that great maker of India Pandit Nehru, on whom admiration a have been showered in plenty for many wrong reasons, but the one most right reason that struck me, has not struck others so far, it seems. 
Do you share this? No? But why?

No comments:

Post a Comment