Monday 22 June 2015

IV

Having got a green signal from the Searchlight Editor to come back with a write up on the way I explained yoga to him as a science, I rushed to the news room, looking for a type writer.
I took a typewriter from a friend in the newsroom and typed out just two pages, captioning it as 'The Science of Consciousness-I ' and went back to the editor in matter of minutes. 
He perished  it with visibly deep interest, leaving aside the page he was himself writing. 
Wonderful, he said, asking in lighter vein if I had mugged it up before pouring out such a profound writing. What's so profound about it, I asked in a modest and whispered tone. He said, it dealt with that involuntary part of the human mind and body which were  so easily accessible , yet were generally not known. He conceded that the application of one simple tip that he got yesterday proved immensely helpful in instilling serenity and concentration of mind. These techniques together with the accompanying  principles were expedient to be shared , he said, asking me not to break its continuity and to be prompt in filing further copies week after week. 
He asked me what did I signify by putting the figure 'I' in Roman after the caption. I said it would be a series of several weekly articles. My answer made him happy but he for reassurance to confirm that I will be able to keep it up week after week. I promised yes I would.
That's how the series commenced in the weekly magazine section of the searchlight , captioned 'the science of consciousness' which began with the theory part and developed into the practice part, which the newspaper never terminated, but it was I ho had to call it a day after the legal profession mixed up with my other preoccupations compelled me into such reluctant desertion of the opportunity that came my was so fondly.
(More to follow)

No comments:

Post a Comment