Monday 22 June 2015

V

The substance that I talked and that which immensely impressed the Searchlight Editor, breaking his  resistant attitude toward yoga that he harboured, may interest you, and especially that small tip which worked wonders, impelling him to apply it twice more after we had parted.
What do you mean by the term 'science of consciousness', Mr Mukker questioned when I said yoga was not a religion, nor something such as magic, occult or secret practices dependent on beliefs or assumptions or faith, religious or non-religious.
I humbly counter questioned whether he valued his body as a valued gift of nature. He said he did but refused to countenance a suggestion that the otherwise inaccessible terrains of the nature, contained in human body, were within human reach, accessible as also expandable. 
Mind is not a bundle of thoughts, thoughts get bundled up due to human default, and , more importantly, it is a misconceived idea that the body contains the mind, for it is the mind that contains the body , so much so that the mind extends even beyond the body and is expandable further, I said, adding that it was not a fiction and was demonstrable too. 
These spoken words couched in complex sentences , thoroughly confused Mr Mukker, but it aroused his inquisitiveness as was manifest from his body language . He had dropped down his pen on the sheet of the half written page that had earlier held him glued, in preference to talking , as though I was there to talk something as rubbish as most visitors and stringers ordinarily did on a routine basis during such hours of a working day.
Striking an exact chord , I said he was busy, writing something that requires focused attention. He nodded affirmatively with a raised eye brow, soliciting what I meant. Begging apology before I ventured to ask him, as if stupidly, to tell which nostril of his was flowing, left or right? 
Why, of course both, he answered with a tinge of irritation writ large on his face. The irritation vanished when I told him that his left flow was subdued by the right at that point in time , asking him to confirm or contradict. 
Mr Mukker checked but was unable to decipher his own flow, whereupon the Assistant Editor Mr S.D.Ojha butted in. He had already joined us in the meantime and was seemingly familiar with the system known as Swarg Yoga that he himself named. So he helped the Editor detect his flow, by demonstrating him the way, putting his palm in front of the nostrils while breathing out a bit fiercely as we do to clear the cold and cough inflicted  nostrils.
Mr Mukker the conceded that I was right, as his left was subdued whereas the right was prominent.
But how did you know my flow, he asked curiously.
I didn't know, I clarified, saying that I only guessed, in that if the actual status was just the opposite, I would have inferred his state of mind differently. It was as simple as that, I pointed out.  This led to a long trail of discussion , the substantial part of which is relevant, not the narrative thereof in a story form.
(More to follow)

No comments:

Post a Comment